Saturday 7 May 2011

Everything Will Be Ok


These lovely little treasures were made by illustrator and designer, Kim Welling, at a time when she herself was having an off day.

(I wish my off days were this productive!)

Instant Comfort Pocket Boxes are matchbox sized 3D illustrations for those days when you're feeling down in the mouth and need something to pick you up. Open the drawer and receive just that. The boost of someone telling you, everything will be ok or that you look wonderful today.

These are just so sweet, and perfect for giving to a friend when they need cheering up or yourself on a down day. This is the sort of strange trinket I would keep in my bag, bring out when I was feeling blue...that I would have brought out when I was panicking, waiting for my interview for my final degree show or before exams and assessments, just to give me that little bit of a boost.

Everyone needs that little boost now and again.

For more Kim Welling illustrations and wonders here are some links:

via - Design Crush Blog
..................................................................................
Listening: Adele - Don't You Remember

1 comment:

Kim Welling said...

Hey Emily, thank you so much for the nice words and feature about my Instant Comfort Pocket Boxes! I really appreciate it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails