Thursday 5 August 2010

Massive Knit

Okay, I admit it, I'm a knit-oholic. I'm becoming progressively more obsessed with knitting and I blame work. For the Christmas window we're planning a knitted extravaganza and I've been knitting since March to get it all done. I am officially seeing knit patterns in my sleep!

And again, I'm smittened, Christien Meindertsma's Urchin Pouf's - which aim to "regain understanding of processes that have become so distant in industrialization" by over emphasising the handmade nature in huge woolens- are gorgeous and the photo of Meinderstsma's knitting with giant needles amongst the huge balls of wool just tickles me. I would like one in every colour.

Now this has apparently been doing the rounds on the blogsphere, however, I have an added extra. I've discovered that Curbly has a pattern for making a Meinderstsma inspired knitted pouf. So if you're handy with giant circular needles - unlike me - head on over to Curbly: Knit a Puff Daddy Pouf. OR head straight to the pattern by Pickles.

If you knit one I wanna see!

Enjoy!

..................................................................................
Listening: Bon Iver - For Emma

4 comments:

PhotoPuddle said...

That is simply awesome!!!!

Emily Boyd said...

I know! Imagine the bamboo canes you'd need to make those needles!

How's the crochet going? You given it a go? x

PhotoPuddle said...

No I'm afraid to say I haven't even started on the crochet yet! I have the wool, the crochet hook and the book but not actually got around to sitting down and doing it!

You have shamed me into it now though! By the end of this weekend I will have taught myself something. I will you know!

Emily Boyd said...

lol, I didn't mean to shame you into it! You've got to be in the mood for it, but it's good you've got the bits you need!

It's fun, I like crocheting little cup shapes...like acorn caps...I've never worked out what the hell to do with them, but I always end up making them.

One day they'll find a way of being useful! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails