Monday 9 August 2010

Monday Mood Board: Verdigris


Column One: * by James Bogue, Colfields by Nikka, o by Doctor Swan
Column Two: Porcelain Bowls by Kirstievn, :'D by Petra Gyermán
Column Three: Romanticism by Sekator, For a friend [...] by {lisa.anne}

Verdigris is such a pretty shade of green. I'd forgotten how nice it can look given my memories of this particular patina are from second year uni and consisted of poorly finished sample pieces of copper used to investigate texture & colour.

I love this colour, it's a favourite and when I found the Porcelain Bowls by Kirstievn, I decided to base Monday's mood board around it.

I've been a busy bee today, doing guess what? Yep. Knitting. I should have been designing some new pieces, but yesterday my parents got down mums rarely used knitting machine. So Louise and I have been working it out and I've finally got it. Takes me five minutes to make a piece for the window where it takes me two hours to knit it by hand! The joy of nineteen eighties technology!

Didn't I promise a ban on the knit subject for the next few posts? Apologies, but I'm excited, I've wanted a go on the machine for years and I loved watching them in the knit room at uni. Not sure why, but I found them kind of fascinating.

I'm a weirdo. I know. But hey, a new skill is a new!
..................................................................................
Listening: Chris Thile - Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails