Friday 27 May 2011

DIY Day!

I love a bit of DIY, my sisters would tell you that they run screaming as soon as they see me with a power tool or the words DIY are uttered, but that's because I can - and I admit this - be a complete cow when we're doing things. I think they'd also tell you that of the three of us, I'm the one you'd want doing the DIY, but I do get irritable.

Anyway, here are some DIY tricks and quick crafty projects I've been hoarding away on Pinterest for months, waiting for an opportunity to share them with you.

DIY Tricks:

Paint Can Trick...

Use a rubber band to remove drips and save yourself from grotty, paint encrusted and unopenable paint tins.

Christmas Baubles Trick...

Source: re-nest.com via Emily on Pinterest

Use egg boxes to store delicate glass Christmas decorations, makes sense when you think about it.

Debris Catcher Trick...

So, so simple and yet genius. Before you start drilling stick a folded post-it note under the hole and prevent all the dust and dirt falling from your newly drilled wall and onto your floor. Save yourself the extra clean-up.

DIY Treats:

What to do with empty tin cans...

Plant them up with grasses, herbs or lettuces...

Then tell what your plants in the ground are by stamping the names on the lids and using old forks to keep the visible.

What to do with old corks...

Collect together all the corks you remove from bottles of wine and arrange them in a large shadow box to create an upcycled bathmat. And, unless you're planning a mad binge, party or simply have an obsession with keeping corks, you could always go to your local and ask for any they have going.

What to do with your makeup...

Attach magnets to the underside of your eyeshadows and attach pill bottles to attach to a home made magnet board (a photo frame with the glass replaced with a sheet of metal, then covered with a sheet of fabric).

What to do with brown bottles...

Fill them with battery powered fairy lights and create a lovely little display in your house - I have a couple of these by my mirror filled with orange LEDs and White star lights and they are pretty through the brown glass.

What to do to decorate that boring wall...

You can buy flowers this shape as of plastic wall decorations. Instead print off these flowers and save yourself some money, plus you can choose your colour and pattern to suit your home.

What to do with your old tatty teapots...

Well, you could wait for the snow and fill them up to make my blog or you could upcycle old teapot which have see better days into hanging planters.

And that's it for now!

Like I said, I have been hoarding all of these on Pinterest, so, if you want to find the original source all of them are either mentioned below the images or linkable via my board, Craft is not a dirty word.
..................................................................................
Listening: Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails