Tuesday 27 December 2011

On the 3rd Day of Christmas...


...this blog gave to thee...



...three shiny gems...
...two talking whales...
...and a pendant that I made.

Recently, I've become slightly more obsessed with gemstones.


When I was a kid, and we visited my grandparents in Glasgow, one of my favourite past times was searching through my grans box of polished stones. There was something about the way shininess and they way they felt in your hand, but I blame university for the furthering of this obsession. Nothing brings out the magpie more in me than the stone merchants visiting the university to sell their wears to jewellery students who are lured in more by the shine than the prospect of what you could use them for.

I haven't been to the uni fair in a couple of years, but I save my pennies to go to the Bead Fair in Perth every year. A place where I have to forget to bring my bank card and limit the amount of cash I bring. It's that or go broke within the first two stalls!

For your enjoyment I've made a board on Pinterest dedicated to the wonderful minerals and gems, cut and uncut which I have been collecting together. If only they weren't just pictures!

Merry Christmas! Part four tomorrow...
..................................................................................
Listening: O Holy Night - Performed by Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andres and members of Tipitina's Foundation

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails