Saturday 29 December 2012

On the 5th Day of Christmas...

...this blog gave to thee...
...five gold rings!..
...four little shorts...
...three tasty treats...
...two fancy stamps...
...and a Cathedral made of seeds.

The fifth day of Christmas...my favourite day of the twelve. Not surprisingly given I still laughingly call myself a jeweller when asked, as opposed to a dogsbody despite not making a single thing since this time last year! 


This years offering seems to have unintentionally focussed on texture, though given I had forty plus links to revisit for this particular post you've got to be impressed that I managed to get my choices down to five and still have any kind of theme.


  1. Christel van der Laan - Reflex Series, Oval Ring, 18ct gold
  2. Cheryl Ewing - ceramic and paper ring
  3. Ruth Tomlinson - Encrusted Citrine Ring with Pearls and Diamonds, 18ct yellow gold
  4. Zoe Arnold - Dusky Realm, 2010
  5. Per Suntum - Rose of Isis Ring, 2009, 18ct gold with 22ct gold filings

I think the reason I like gold that's textured or teamed with other metals and materials, is that it  softens it. While highly polished gold can look wonderful on the right piece of jewellery, on the wrong piece it can look impressively tacky and cheap for such an expensive material. And God knows it's an expensive material at the moment.

I love using gold, but it is definitely a when the right piece comes up rather than an every piece affair.


Link | Cheryl Ewing
Link | Zoe Arnold
Link | Per Suntum

Merry Christmas! Part six tomorrow...
..................................................................................
Listening: All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails