Saturday 16 August 2014

Baked Brioche Doughnuts with Homemade Raspberry Jam


Baked brioche doughnuts, filled with homemade raspberry jam...

A treat after a long, hard week for all in the house.

And though they were a two day make and a bit messy when coating them in sugar, they were remarkably easy to make thanks to the recipe I found from Simmer Seasonal Recipes.

Plus they look proper! They actually look like doughnuts! But they're not heavy or fried.

Batch two of raspberry jam to make tomorrow, which is something I really enjoy making. There's something really quiet satisfying about making a vat of jam in my mums giant jam pan. Plus the smell is somewhat wonderful.

God I'm such an old lady. Making jam in my spare time. No wonder my life's the way it is.


Link | Brioche, part 1: Basic Recipe by Simmer Seasonal Recipes
Link | Brioche, part 2: Baked Brioche Donuts filled with Spiced Plum Jam by Simmer Season Recipes

..................................................................................
Listening: We Can't Stop - Bradlee Scott & Postmodern Jukebox

2 comments:

Louise Boyd said...

My raspberrrrriiiiieeesssssss! You fiend!

Emily Boyd said...

You could never have eaten all of them and they'll keep longer as jam.

Stop whinging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails