Wednesday 23 September 2015

Hello Autumn...

Today, is the Autumnal Equinox, meaning today is officially the start of Autumn in the UK, even if it actually seems like it began a couple of weeks ago.

I love Autumn, but that may be more to do with preferring cold weather to hot weather, but frankly, I live in Scotland, hot is really a foreign concept we see about twice a year, for a couple of days prior to the summer actually beginning. We seemed to have our entire summer in April this year and I hate to say my dad was right when he said that was all the summer we'd have, but he was. I hate it when he's right.

Anyway, I have a few Autumnal posts for your over the next few days and they shall be posted with PVA glue all over my hands, as I'm in the middle of making things for the window at work. This being out last window prior to Christmas.

A fact that I had been blissfully unaware off up until lunch time yesterday when mum asked what I was planning, as I'd need to get started soon. I haven't really got any so far, which isn't good and it will need put up in mid November. Which means as soon as October hits, it'll pretty much be all I do when I'm not at work.

It genuinely feels like five minutes since I was making the gingerbread house! How can it be that time again already?

And I'm sorry for invoking* the "C" word before we're even finished September! I can only apologise.


* I'm not the first! I swear! I've already had emails about Christmas offers from Hobbycraft and Mollie Makes - the only magazine I really buy regularly - has started it's Christmas projects off already! There's a bloody Christmas Tree ornament on the front!

Link || Autumn Canal Leaves by Mightyhansa on Flickr
..................................................................................
Listening: Shake It Off - Ryan Adams (covering Taylor Swift)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails