Friday 18 January 2019

On the 10th Day of Christmas...

... this blogger gave to thee...
... ten sassy soaps...
... nine creative weirdos...
... eight things I've loved...
... seven shoes to choose from...
... six party dresses...
... five gold rings!..
... four silly socks...
... three Etsy shops...
... two tuneful gizmos...
... and a great soup for cold winter days.


For the 9th Day of Christmas, I talked about YouTube, as well as briefly touching on my pathological need to try ALL THE CRAFTS! And I intentionally missed out a channel I really enjoy watching, and that is Royalty Soap.

Royalty Soap is a company created by artisan soap maker, Katie Carson, with the help of her husband Caleb, and brothers Kenny and Simeon. I fell upon her channel one very late night, after having a conversation with my mum about potentially buying my gran some nice soap as a present, and how we both liked the idea of trying making soap. Since finding her channel, I've become hooks, Katie is the most ludicrously sweet and cheerful person, she has a weird sense of humour, a ridiculous love for the overuse of glitter and the cutest daughter, Lily, who makes frequent appearances in her videos.


I really enjoy watching her creating new soaps, her newest ones being Alice in Wonderland inspired, in the form of the Cheshire Cat, the Caterpillar and A Golden Afternoon. The last really appealing to me as I love floral prints on dark backgrounds, such as though used in Ted Baker clothes and accessories two or three years ago.

The reason I missed her off the list however, was because I actually had an almost pre-planned post for day ten or eleven! I know, shocker right? Especially when we're half way through January and I'm still wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The post I offer to day, while not full of Katie's beautiful soaps, is going to be full of the sassy artisan soaps made by the Whiskey River Soap Company, which I think I've had pinned to my browser since half way through last year.

Don't say I'm not prepared...

... and I'm definitely not projecting anything onto any of my choices.
As a Middle Child, I couldn't resist including this purple haze scented soap, I have no idea what Purple Haze is supposed to smell like, and a rudimentary search online produced results ranging from lavender or citrus to hemp/cannabis scented. Only one of them I'd have a problem with and it isn't citrus or pot. On another website, which showed the side of the packaging, it even suggested it was rubber cement glue scented... I've been exposed to quite a lot of glues over the years, some smell better than others, but none of which I'd rush to scent a soap as. But I guess so long as it didn't smell like Copydex, I'd be curious at least. Better to huff soap than glue.

Anyway, I am a middle child who once had purple hair. This soap spoke to me.

It seems appropriate that The Creative Type  soap is multicoloured and smells like scented marker pens. Who didn't love or desperately covet scented felt tip pens when they were a kid? Which, when I had them, many, many, many years ago, I seem to remember the pack including grass and dirt... something I can't confirm but have very vivid memories of. It's like scratch and sniff memories, I swear I can still smell them when I think about those two in particular, but can't for the life of me remember the other scents.

If anyone who was a kid in the UK in the 1990's can remember those felt tips, specifically the pack that had dirt and grass scented pens, please clue me in if you can remember the other fragrances, because I'm drawing a blank. Nowadays, they seem to be all fruit and sweetie scented, which I find kind of disappointing. Where's the creativity?

Social Anxiety, Smells like a list of pre-planned excuses... well, yep, pretty much. I'm no good at being social period. I have difficulty replying to comments on my blog and emails sent from old friends! Seriously. It's not me being rude, I desperately want too do these things, but it's just me freaking the fuck out internally and then copping out.

If only you could wash social anxiety away... or maybe that's what the Vodka Vitamin Water scent is for... social lubrication. But could I have a G&T please?
Hi! Hello! I think we've probably established I'm an Introvert. And of course, an introverted soap would be unscented because I'm invisible, right? No? Crap.
A soap for Cat People, thankfully scented like warm milk and not anything more closely cat related. Though, as a cat person myself - Charlie is our fifth - I'd just like to point out that cats smell nice most of the time. I'm not saying kitty breath or cat pee or whatever is good, but Dizzy and Charlie used to come in smelling like smoke from the neighbours chimney, Misty smelt like biscuits behind her ears and they'd all smell of the cold when they'd come in at night. I guess as a crazy cat lady, I can overlook the bad smells for these good ones. That said, cat toots... heinous! Those can clear a room.
Okay, Debbie Downers, one, I love the black and blue swirl, two, I hate black liquorice, so the idea of that scent is not great, and three, I get told I'm negative, that I always see the negative in ideas. I don't. I see both, and you need people who are willing to say that might not work, as much as you need people being overly positive. It's genuinely upsetting when you get called a downer about things all the time, because usually you want things to work out as well as the person calling you a downer does. You just need to work out the things that won't work, before you come across the ones that really properly will.
Epic Fails, well, everyone's had a few of them, right? We all have our train-wreck moments, some peoples just last longer than others. Anyway, let's just look at the pretty swirls and discuss the fact that it's Pepsi Latte scented, which is something I didn't know existed!

Apparently, Pepsi Latte is a flavour of  the popular fizzy drink, which is only available in Thailand. To me, that's a shame because as much as I dislike Pepsi Cola, the idea of coffee flavoured cola in general is actually quite appealing to me. Coca-Cola, my cola brand of choice, did their own take on this as an exclusive in Japan, which Rhett and Link of Good Mythical Morning managed to recreate if you're interested to try it too...


Are you brave enough to try it out? I might be.
Anyone else related to members of the Grammar Police??????? Their really very unique. Its way to easy isn't it too wind them up though ....I hope this isn't effecting you to much. I do feel badly about it.

Irregardless; Grammar Police, you get a jelly doughnut scented soap.. so suck it up and stop loosing your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being dyslexic made that harder and easier. Alot of these hurt me two.



Silver Linings, I hope there are silver linings to most things. Not everything, I understand that not everything can, but a little bit of me is still optimistic. Tell me when I'm down or freaking out that every cloud has a silver lining and I may punch you in the face, but that's because nobody likes the person using clichés to perk them up.

Those people are, as the soap is scented, a Cotton Candy Nightmare.
I thought I'd finish with #Goals, which apparently smells like unicorn farts. I thought I'd finish with this ones because as obnoxious as this soap name is, I need to set proper goals this year. I need to set ones I can accomplish easily and ones which will take more work because it's 2019 and that's just scary.

If only this soaps pretty colour scheme and magical scent could grant wishes!


The Whiskey River Soap Company has created a company by making attractive handmade products and combining it with relatable humour. They've found their niche by poking fun at the insecurities that a lot of us share and trying to make the buyer and/or recipient laugh about it. They also produce bath bombs; candles;  notebooks; pencils and mugs, a lot of which interlink the soaps, but they also have a range of products based around astrology and the star signs various traits. For Gemini - of which I am - they've honed in on the split personality trope, suggesting that they're both devious and whimsical, and while part of me is offended by that the other part is quite likes it.

Only downside to these products is that I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that you can buy them. So that's a bit rubbish, and unfortunately with customs charges, Royalty Soaps products are a little rich for my blood too. So I'll have to content myself with getting a giggle out of the packaging from Whiskey River, and enjoying watching Katie in her videos, while getting crazy ideas of trying out soap making.


Happy New Year, Merry Christmas and yay! Another post done, two to go...


Link || Royalty Soaps || YouTube || Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Pinterest || Royalty Soaps Website
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Instagram || Facebook || Pinterest || Whiskey River Soap Company Website
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for The Middle Child 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for The Creative Type 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Social Anxiety 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Introverts 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Cat People 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Debbie Downers 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Epic Fails 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Grammar Police 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for Silver Linings 
Link || Whiskey River Soap Company || Soap for #Goals
Link || Good Mythical Morning || YouTube || Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Mythical Website 


..................................................................................
Listening: Bubbles - Biffy Clyro

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails