Monday 18 October 2010

Monday Mood Board: Vintage Lace


Row 1: Grace Kelly via A Girls Guide to Home Life,
Large Peony Lashes by Luna & Curious, Belgian Lace by Sigrid Reinsch
Row 2: Black Lace by *Loli-rot, The Lace Thing by Tongue in Cheek,
Row3: Lacemakers via ancestry.com, Lacemaking via Bobbinlacepassion.com


I've been making more lace this weekend. After having a small freak out about life, the universe and everything. Not the most fun of weekends, but I've made a length of bobbin lace out of an antique cream mercer crochet, which is a little sturdier than the thread I've been using up until now. I'm still only doing basic stitches and I've still not gone and gotten the roller cushion or extra bobbins from gran, but it is nice to know I'm carrying on a tradition from the Belgian side of the family. Scottish-Belgian lace, handmade and destined for pieces of jewellery...

...or at least that's the plan.

So for this Monday, a selection of lace inspired goodness. I particularly love the eye makeup - which reminds me of a friends masquerade party and her interpretation of a mask - and the amazing papercut eyelashes! Plus you really can't beat Grace Kelly for elegance can you?

Happy Monday!

..................................................................................
Listening: Cee Lo Green - Fuck You

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails