Wednesday 1 December 2010

Rows of houses, all bearing down on me...

These are from August - don't worry I'll slap myself on the wrists later - and they're from that artist I said I loved. Truth is I love this artist for two reasons, firstly because I think she's incredibly talented and secondly because she's my little sister, Louise.

She's had a rough time over the past couple of years, she took time out of uni because of illness, stress and the feeling of the art school actually trying to make her give up her draftmanship for more modern & floaty techniques...and then penalising her for this. It truly is double standards when the tutors at the institution tell you to get out of your comfort zone and be someone you aren't then at assessments tell you you should have stuck to drawing. Anyway, I'm not posting to pass comment on teaching at my old art school.

Louise drew this back in August for my grans birthday. My grandpa commissioned her to draw a picture of the street my gran lived on in Belgium, and it actually is nothing like how I imagined it. I don't mean the drawing, just to clarify, I mean the house/street.

My brain hurts thinking about having to draw every individual brick and tile...I'd have gone insane. To be fair I think Louise almost did. But it's worth it.

Talented little @#$%&!
..................................................................................
Listening: Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe

2 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

amazing drawing! (:

Emily Boyd said...

Indeed it is. She's a very talented girl is my little sister. xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails