Saturday 21 May 2011

Degree Show 2011: Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design

Saturday 21 - Sunday 29 May 2011
Dundee’s largest art and design show

Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm
Saturday - Sunday 10am - 4pm
(Admission is free)
Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design,
University of Dundee,
Perth Road,
Dundee DD1 4HT

Hey guys! Guess what time of year it yet? Yep, degree show time! And for anyone who can make it over to Dundee I always highly recommend you going, it's always a great show.

I was at opening night last night, after hemming and hawing about whether to go - I was scared about seeing people because seeing people means explaining why I've been M.I.A. and that I've been suffering from designer block & depression. Truth is it's always the thought of it that's worst than the actual event. As soon as I'd gotten myself not lost - jewellery design has moved to a completely different part of the uni - I walked in the room and got a huge hug off my friend Kate who said she'd been asking people if they'd heard from me and was worried. Nice to know. So I saw a bunch of the students I know and a few of my friends, which was nice. Now just to get myself back on Facebook and get back in touch with everyone else.

Anyway, my brain's hurting after last night, I didn't have anything to drink as I'd barely eaten and was driving, but I had a long day at work and then did the shopping, then rushed home to change and then over to uni...and the giant drums didn't help. Though they were entertaining.

I'm going to go through during the week and have another look around, I only got through jewellery, textiles and some of fine art before my brain felt like it was going to explode and I decided to bug out. So, when I go through I shall upload some images of my favourite pieces, there's definitely some from jewellery and textiles!

Now, again, if you can get to Dundee this week, get your butts over because DoJ Degree Shows are always brilliant!

Oh! And congratulations to this years 4th year, especially the lovely jewellers! Amazing show and well done on getting your degrees!

Em x

..................................................................................
Listening: BBC Six Music - Adam and Not Joe (Garth Jennings is sitting in for Joe)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails