Sunday 22 May 2011

Every cloud has a neon lining...

Photograph by Eric Laignel via Jennifer Nicole

Well hello everybody who thinks they're suffering from deja vu, don't panic, you're not. I finally found a version of the post Blogger deleted during their outage by subscribing to my own blog via Google Reader. Yep, I might like Bloglovin' but it was good old Google Reader that saved the day by keeping a full version of the RSS feed post on their records rather than a fragmented first few lines. Since no post has reappeared 11 days on, I'm guessing it's a loss, especially as no on has answered my question on the Google/Blogger help forum. Thanks guys.

Bright side is I get another chance to do a bit of editing.

Anyway, my original post was about how much I love these neon cloud lights, they were designed by Ghislaine Viñas. They were included as part of a 15,500 sq. ft interior design project for the home of New York Gallery owner Paige West. Viñas took the once crumbling building in Tribeca, New York and created a modern living space which is colourful, functional and wonderfully whimsical.

Bar the clouds I particularly like the sheep grazing in the library...

...because we all know what avid readers sheep are...

...and that all kids want to do in their Disney Western inspired bedroom is chop wood...

...that bad muppets get turned into giant, slightly random, blue feathered lighting systems...

...and jail strip wall treatments actually look kind of fabulous when teamed with green accessories.

Now, while I'm not sure I could live in house with a giant blue feathered light shade, if you're going to go kooky, you may as well go all out! And you should definitely have neon clouds adorning your bathroom where you can lie and relax and stare up at the clouds.

If you'd like to see more images of Viñas's Interior Design treatments for West's home go to Jennifer Nicole's blog or visit Ghislaine Viñas website.

via - Pinterest
..................................................................................
Listening: TLC - Unpretty

1 comment:

Nicola Louise Reed said...

Lovely to see you back on Blogger Emily! I had wondered where you'd gone! How did you enjoy the degree show? Im very excited to go 2mo! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails