Sunday 25 December 2011

On the 1st Day of Christmas...

...this blog gave to thee...
...a pendant made by me.

You know I've barely made anything this year. My brain being all over the place, but last weekend was my grandparents Diamond wedding anniversary, they've been married 60 years and my grandpa commissioned me to make a pendant, a slightly terrifying challenge, with a peridot - this being her favourite stone.

It's mostly silver, though there are three gold spots remaining after a few failed to fully fuse and I decided it was better to drill some out and change my design than risk the joints running because I over heated it.

The main thing is...I made a piece of jewellery!

And I've been back in the shed. Which is a good step forwards.

Merry Christmas! Part two tomorrow...
..................................................................................
Listening: Smith & Burrows - When The Thames Froze

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails