Wednesday 31 December 2014

On the 7th Day of Christmas ...

... this blogger gave to thee ...
... seven shoes to choose from ...
... six party frocks...
... five gold rings! ...
... four private spaces...
... three things unfired...
... two little birds...
... and a corner shop made of felt.

It's How come I can't seem to learn how to walk in high heels?! day. Seriously, I turn a very big number next year (five months and nine hours from now!) and I still can't walk in high heels without looking like a very inelegant Bambi for five minutes before giving up because my feet hurt.

I'm serious, I bought a pair of not too high boots before Christmas and I'm too chicken to break them in yet!

Let's too it anyway, seven pairs of New Year's worthy high heels...
First up an affordable but lovely pair of black and silver, Textured Almond Toe Platform Court Shoes with Insolia heel from Marks and Spencers. What's Insolia I hear you ask! Well, apparently whatever the insole they add to these heels redistributes your weight away from the balls of your feet, reducing pressure and giving your ankle stability... sounds good to me. Looks good too.

Where have all the shoe boots gone? You couldn't move for shoe boots a couple of years ago and now you barely see them. I've always been a fan, they give you a bit more support and keep your feet warm. Smother them in black iridescent glitter like these New Look Wide Fit Attain Glitter Shoe Boots from ASOS and there's no need to sell me on them.

Number three, Valentina Print Shoes from Coast, with a lovely floral bokeh pattern on them. I did look for a bokeh dress to go on yesterday's list, however I didn't find any nice ones.
Statement Heels in Chevron from Modcloth... they're foxes and herringbone and have little bows and are just so damn cute! I know the trend for shoes with animals on them will disappear for all but the tooty kiddies of the world, but I really would wear these out.

Cutie Alert Heels in Black from Modcloth. These, when you look at them from the side, look like they'd have your foot set at a ridiculously uncomfortable angle, but they're very pretty, so I'd forgive them enough to live on a shelf and be admired.
One of my favourite trends of this year has definitely been the dark digital floral prints, which look like Baroque painting of floral arrangements. Multi Drive High Heels in Floral from Schuh, shows exactly what I mean, where the flowers seem to emerge from dark smoke. And I even like the gold heel. (NB: Resolution for New Year, find more florals like this, one bra is simply not good enough.)
And finally, who wouldn't love a pair of high heels covered in strips from Archie comics? I bet that Veronica certainly would. (Charlotte Olympia 'Jennifer Comic' Pump from Nordstrom)

That's it. Hope there's at least one pair you like and have a very good time whatever you plan to do this New Year's Eve.

Link | Textured Almond Toe Platform Court Shoes with Insolia from Marks and Spencers
Link | New Look Wide Fit Attain Glitter Shoe Boots from ASOS
Link | Valentina Print Shoes from Coast
Link | Smooth Statement Heels in Chevron from Modcloth
Link | Cutie Alert Heels in Black from Modcloth
Link | Multi Drive High Heels in Floral from Schuh
Link | Charlotte Olympia 'Jennifer Comic' Pump from Nordstrom

Merry Christmas! Part eight  tomorrow...

..................................................................................
Listening: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon Levitt

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails