Saturday 9 May 2015

pantone spring 2015: en plein air {custard}

Iekeliene Stange for Marc Jacobs S/S 2007 by Juergen Teller via Scotch & Scones 
Lemon Tart with Rosemary Crust by Good Things Grow via Happyolks
Pale Yellow Ranunculus (Persian Buttercup) via After the Cups
Holi Festival 2011, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India by Jim Shannon via Flickr


One of my grans favourite stories to tell about me - excluding the one where I refused point blank to try on school shoes in a shop, whilst my sister strutted her stuff - is of me arguing with my grandpa over the colour yellow.

Yellow was my favourite colour. Everything had to be yellow from my hair bobbles to my favourite Sesame Street character, Big Bird. If it wasn't yellow, I wasn't interested. But my obsessive love for yellow wasn't the source of our argument. It was my pronunciation.

I couldn't, despite my love of the colour, say yellow.

"It's yellow." My grandpa would say. To which I would reply adamantly, "I'm saying lellow!"

I'm nearly 30, I haven't said lellow since I was five and yet this story of my mispronunciation has become adorable legend to my gran, a source of amusement for the family and a very fond memory for me of my grandpa.

And I still love lellow. 

So Pantone's spring lellow, Custard 13-0720, fills me with warm and comforting feelings of nostalgia and happiness.

Good choice.


Link | Pantone Fashion Colour Report Spring 2015: En Plein Air
Link | Iekeliene Stange for Marc Jacobs S/S 2007 by Juergen Teller via Scotch & Scones (Pinterest)
Link | Lemon Tart with Rosemary Crust Recipe by Good Things Grow via Happyolks (via Pinterest)
Link | Pale Yellow Ranunculus (Persian Buttercup) via After the Cups (Pinterest)
Link | Holi Festival 2011, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India by Jim Shannon via Flickr (Pinterest)

..................................................................................
Listening: Everything's Not Lost - Includes Hidden Track 'Life Is For Living' - Coldplay

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails