Wednesday 30 December 2015

On the 6th Day of Christmas...

... this blogger gave to thee..
 ... six party frocks ...
... five gold rings!..
... four micro art forms...
... three tubby little cubbies...
... two fancy pens...
... and a lego man made of a tree.

It is the 31st of December and my iPad keeps bonging. It keeps bonging because my little sister knows what day it is and keeps sending me suggestions. She keeps sending me suggestions because it's dresses, dresses, dresses day!

So no wittering, here's six pretty (in my opinion) dresses...


'Harlow' Teal Black Lace Swing Dress from Lindy Bop, in all its beautiful lacy glory. I only discovered Lindy Bop this year and I've become completely obsessed with it's gorgeous retro inspired dress shapes and their plethora of vintage style printed fabrics they come in. While I've not worn a dress properly in years, I'd kill to wear vintage style dresses and swish about like I was Jane Russell or Grace Kelly. You can even buy petticoats to full poof out your skirt for that full retro glam look. I also love Lindy Bop all the more because their sizes run from six to twenty six, so no discrimination there for anyone! 
Every year I try and make up this list, I end up with at least half a dozen jacquard fabric dresses. This year being no exception, there were in fact fifteen on the list, but this was my favourite. I'm must drawn to that beautifully textured, woven fabric, to the point where I ignore all others. Blue Rose Jacquard Midi Prom Dress from ASOS, being a good example of this, with raised woven flowers and lovely combination of the black, blue and purple. It always looks like it's good quality, you can almost feel the weight to the fabric which always seems a little more worth the money, plus, the fact that around this time of year there are lots of metallic jacquard fabric dresses to be had, always seems very festive.
Maya Petite Star Embellished Maxi Dress from ASOS, is probably the most casual in shape of the six dresses, but those silver sequin stars make it really special. I'd probably try and wear this everyday like a crazy lady.
Polish Introduction Dress from Modcloth, is again going for that metallic equals festive mindset for me. It's Christmas/New Years, which means you can wear as much glittery, metallic, sparkly stuff as you can get your hands on right? That's the law?

That said, I'd get rid of the beaded bit on the belt, but that's just me. And I'm sure I say it every year, but damn you Modcloth for not having suppliers in the UK so I can spend all my money on everything you sell... also than you for not because I really don't have that kind of cash!
**Chi Chi London Floral Print Midi Dress from Dorothy Perkins, comes in three colours as far as I can see, an aqua, a pale pink and the silver. They're all lovely, but seeing it's Christmas and this dress is covered in pansies, I think the silver is the most wintry, though pansies and violas do flower in the winter, giving the garden a little colour so my argument is kind of negated. The silver dress does give you a pretty good opportunity to wear brightly coloured shoes though, which is lucky...
Frock and Frill Embellished Overlay Pencil Dress from ASOS, sequins and a grown up dress for our last dress. I say grown up, but that's mostly because it's a pencil dress and in my head grown ups wear pencil dresses and not so grown ups wear ones with big skirts in which to twirl in. Twirling is a good thing, at least in my book.

Now, I have to say that ASOS stepped up this year and trumped pretty much every other shop I looked at. Am I alone in being slightly impatient for the nineties fashion revival we've been doing through this year, to hurry up an end? I lived through the nineties, I survived the years of boxy tops and shapeless everything (and the shoes, we'll talk about that hideous revival tomorrow) and I have had no desire to relive it bar the grunge era of micro floral dresses, denim and Dr. Martens. Please, fashion world, could we please, please, please have longer tops and clothes that aren't entirely square?

And could we also please ditch pastels and get back to bright and jewel tones, just for a year? Pretty please with glitter on top?

Anyway, I hope you liked the dresses, does anyone have any favourites? If not they're all mine and I'm not sharing.

Merry Christmas! Part seven tomorrow...

Link || Harlow Teal Black Lace Swing Dress from Lindy Bop
Link || Blue Rose Jacquard Midi Prom Dress from ASOS
Link || Maya Petite Star Embellished Maxi Dress from ASOS
Link || Polish Introduction Dress from Modcloth
Link || **Chi Chi London Floral Print Midi Dress from Dorothy Perkins
Link || Frock and Frill Embellished Overlay Pencil Dress from ASOS

..................................................................................
Listening: Carol of Bells - George Winston

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails