Sunday 25 December 2016

On the 1st Day of Christmas...

... this blogger gave to thee...
... an ode to 2016.


Well, Merry Christmas to one and all, from what we can all probably agree was an even quieter blogger than normal during 2016, having posted nothing since last Christmas.

Needless to say 2016 has been a bit of a shit show. Brexit, Trump, terrorist attacks, atrocities world wide, zika virus and an attempt to kill off ever beloved celebrity before the clock strikes twelve on New Years. There's sick days left, but who knows what it has left in store for us all.

In the grand scheme of things, my year hasn't been that bad, but between issues at home, giving up my job this time last year, and achieving nothing much on the route to self employment as a designer, it's not been great. This year just seems to have disappeared into a wash out. In my last 12 Days post last year, I said I had news. That I had a plan (ish). That there had been enough thunder in my life... well 2016 had other plans!

Therefore, in honour of everybody's* collectively crappy year, I give you on the first day of Christmas, the wonder that is Mr. John Oliver and his ode to 2016 on Last Week Tonight.


Merry Christmas! Part two tomorrow**...

... oh, and Fuck you 2016!


*I realise not everyone had a crap year, I know lots of people will have had wonderful years, just even just going on the various votes and celebrity deaths, you can deny it's not been a stellar year! I mean, we lost Alan Rickman, Bowie, Terry Wogan, George Martin, Anton Yelchin, Prince, Gene Wilder... a good year wouldn't have taken those people and certainly wouldn't have left us with Brexit and Trump on the horizon.

** If for any reason I don't post a day on the right day this year, don't be mean, I've not blogged in a year, have a new computer whose track pad is a twitchy beast, and apparently have forgotten how long it takes to edit images etc on my ancient copy of Photoshop 7. I'm quite anxious about posting after such a long break and so, 



Link || Even Though This Year Has Seven Weeks Left from Onceland Tumblr
Link || Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on YouTube

..................................................................................
Listening: Christmas Blues - Bill Murray

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails