Sunday 25 December 2022

It's that time of year again...


Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! And to one and all, thank fuck it's not only the weekend but almost the end of the year. But that means it's that time of year again, and while I am keeping up with the tradition of the 12 Days of Christmas posts, I am not going to break the habit of my blogs lifespan and promise to get them out on time. These will be twelve posts around the festive period because every year, despite knowing that I need to get started, the holidays seem to sneak up on me and I fail to be prepared enough to schedule twelve posts, instead like every year I'm trying to cram it all into the actual twelves days they're due to be post, in amongst the pre Christmas rush, end of year birthdays, family commitments, weird events and pure exhaustion. 

Hell, it's part of my little festive season tradition.

So there will be twelve posts, and even better, I have also finally worked out how to fix the issue of all the embedded Instagram posts not showing up in last years 12 Days! Meaning that the images that were all so important to the context  and punctuation of my post, as well as being very numerous, actually now work and the make posts make more sense! It also lets you finally go find some of the wonderful people, art and nonsense I wanted so badly for everyone to see!

Typically it was all down to one tiny fragment of coding that I will now need to manually change on any and all posts that have such embeds...
In all honesty, I've been putting it off since the beginning of the year when I discovered that the embeds were officially not working on any browser I tried, and so having to retroactively fix all my posts for the past few years seems like a fitting punishment.

So if you want to read the ramblings from last year while waiting for this years, that's okay by me.

I hope that everyone who reads this has had a good year, has a wonderful festive period, and will hopefully indulge me for a few posts.

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating and best wishes to everyone else.

Love,
Emily xxx

..................................................................................
Listening: Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails