Tuesday 30 November 2010

Monday Mood Board: The Masks We Wear

Row 1: CatBand-120 by Kyle Johnson, Burning Bright by photopunx2, Undergrounds by Adenomay
Row 2: Mison Michel by Karl Lagelfeld via Outi Pyy

I had planned a week of pumpkins and costumes and Halloween related magic leading up to Sunday the 30th, but time was against me, so for the first of the backlogged mood boards, we have masks and because the first mask I remember was a cheapy cat one, we have lots of animal inspired masks.

I particularly love the Mison Michel animal ears as photographed by Karl Lagelfeld, aren't they gorgeous? And I guess they're not really masks, but I'm in a lacy mood at the moment. Speaking of which, I picked up my great grans lace pillow a couple of Sundays back and I've still not had the courage to remove my granny grans last piece of lace from it. I might also recover the roller & sides etc to make it a little tidier and more me, which gran has suggested - though again it feels weird. It was my great grandmothers after all and she was still using it into her 90's (she died aged 99 only a few months away from her hundredth year.

Feels lovely to be gifted & trusted with such an heirloom.

..................................................................................
Listening: Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails