Monday 2 May 2011

Strike a Pose...

Vogue Japan, 2010

Vogue. Whenever I see a cover I'm attracted too, I buy a copy. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting the best issue. I usually flip through to see if there are any good photoshoots to be had, but at over £4 a pop...well, it's pricey for a magazine which is more advert than magazine and I'm not exactly loaded at the moment.

Plus there's only so many times I can look at Kate Moss smugly staring out of the cover.

Fortunately Moss's image has little impact on the outcome of the following artworks by Live Journal user Shrubrub, who has taken ever edition of Vogue for 2008, 2009 and 2010 and digitally collaged together the covers to create these wonderful Vogue Rorschach Tests.

Vogue Mexico, 2010
Vogue UK, 2010
Vogue US, 2009
Vogue Australia, 2010
Vogue Brazil, 2008
Vogue Italy, 2009
Vogue Germany, 2008
Vogue Rorschach Prints 2008, 2009 and 2010

I think they're fascinating. Especially the covers for Japan and Australia (above) with their predominantly white backgrounds and full figures. Overall this creates a much more striking images than the editions who drastically change their cover design month by month.

Maybe one day, this will be on the shelf at the news agents. A years round-up edition with fewer adverts and just the wonderful photoshoots for the year...that Vogue might be worth the money!

Link - Shrubrub's Live Journal
Via - A Daily Dose of Design
..................................................................................
Listening: Madonna - Vogue

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails