Monday 2 May 2011

Monday Mood Board: Ode to...

Row 1:
Colorful Wind by Hannah Khymych
Row 2:
Bloom: At The Farm by Marie Taillefer,
Succulents by Polly Eltes

Inspired by my great grans lace pillow (above). Last week I decide it was time to start using it and that started by removing granny grans last piece of lace, all her bobbins and recovering the pillow. All of her coverings are beneath it (bar a piece of stick on lino which was a little ragged) but I used the push-pins that were securing that to secure a piece of thick denim over the whole pillow, which I'm hoping will be nice and durable. The stretched a piece of green velvet ribbon I've been hoarding for years at the opening for the roller to keep the edge from pulling up. The roller's still granny grans red paisley pattern fabric, I can't decide what pattern to recover it with. I need to find something a little bit special, maybe a fat quarter of some pretty fabric.

For now I'm trying a slightly more elaborate lace ribbon, which after spending hours winding my bobbins with 70+ metres of mercer crochet cotton and getting half a dozen pins down, got stuck because I had to change stitches and the photo looked like one, but claimed to be another. I'll work it out, but I'm definitely confused.

Now, the sun has finally come out from behind the clouds, so I'm off to plant begonias in window boxes.

Have a nice May Day Bank Holiday!
..................................................................................
Listening: Mint Royal - Blue Song

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails