Friday 6 January 2012

Infinity Fidget Bracelet

Infinity Fidget Bracelet by Emily L. J. Boyd (Stirling Silver and 9ct Gold)

I made something else over Christmas, for my dad to give gran. The fidget bracelets were actually kind of inspired by gran, and her ability to wear more bracelets than anyone I know and indeed her inability to sit still, so the bracelets I call fidget all have kinetic elements which run around the band.

I've been wanting to do one as an infinity bracelet for a while and when dad asked for a bracelet which was kind of double helix shaped, it gave me the excuse...that or he'd been in my sketchbook or noticed my obsession with infinity scarves. Either way, it's one of the first time in a long while that I knew exactly what and how I would make a piece of jewellery in months. And I know it's a simple design, but the fact that I wasn't completely freaked out by the prospect of it is a really big step forward!

..................................................................................
Listening: My Baby Girl - John Martyn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails