Tuesday 1 January 2013

On the 8th Day of Christmas...

...this blog gave to thee...
2013 - Be good to me
...eight resolutions...
...seven shoes to choose from...
...six party dresses...
...five gold rings!..
...four little shorts...
...three tasty treats...
...two fancy stamps...
...and a Cathedral made of seeds.

It's not often I can look back at my resolutions that I listed on the eight day of Christmas the previous year and say I have actually kept some, but I have, I've done three and a bit from last year. Which is progress. I now get up at seven forty-five every working day and eight, half eight on days that I'm not, I've reconnected (intentionally and unintentionally) with some of my friends, though I admit there's still progress needed there and I got my hair cut. Okay, they're not life changing, but admit it, year on year, how often do you make and break a resolution within five minutes?


So that leads me to this year, and what to put for my eight resolutions. But, in many ways, I stand by last years idea. One resolution, and seven sub-resolutions and that one is, once again...

1. Try and be happier...
2. make jewellery and be happy in that. Unlike my some of my peers, it may or may not happen easily, it may or not be the career that is life long, but enjoy it. Enjoy it because it makes you happy. Enjoy it because not doing it makes you sad.
3. reconnect some more, seriously if any of my friends read this, email me and force me into it!
4. find a pair of sodding glasses that (a) suit you and (b) you actually believe suit you and therefore you'll wear all the time like you're supposed too instead of being daft about it. (I work in   an opticians, you'd think that would be easy, but it's not!)
5. get the website sorted out for work
6. pin anything and everything that sparks your attention when it comes to design on Pinterest. Hide the board or keep it public, but it's better pinned than languishing in my bookmarks never to be viewed again! 
7. keep being creative. And blog them! Do more papercuts. Edit those photos of the windows and how to make some of thing elements. Start that jewellery blog, it's sitting there waiting, stop being scared of it just because you're not making jewellery, it is not a reflection of your uselessness!
8. finish redecorating, the mess is driving you nuts! 


If I do three and a half of those this year I will be happy...and hopefully a little happier.

Hope you all had a wonderful Hogmanay, whether you spent it watching films, sleeping or partying so hard you actually didn't realise it was the new year until about five minutes ago. None matter now, it's 2013 and it's a new year, so new start.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Part nine tomorrow...
..................................................................................
Listening: The New Year - Death Cab for
"So this is the New Year...and I don't feel any different."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails