Monday 25 March 2013

Monday Moodboard: Dulux Colour of the Year

1. Tut-topshop by Eleonore Bridge (via Design Crush Blog)
2. Silver Studded Blue Butterfly by Unknown (via Pinterest)
3. Through My Window by no-soap-was-harmed (via Pinterest)
4. Blueberry Pancakes by Chang Pick Yin (via A Blog With A View)
5. Still Life by Anna Williams Photography (via Pinterest)

Much like Pantone, Dulux creates a colour of the year for the paint range, this year it's Indigo Night, a blue which looks like the dusty matt skin of a blueberry or the colour of a good bruise...I don't know if that make the colour sound appealing or not, but it's the colours it brings to mind.

It's not quite the jewel tone that Pantone's Emerald eludes too, but it's a rich, dark and comforting colour, which could very easily translate into home furnishing and clothes. A colour which could be a bit scary in my little room, especially after I switched from dark magenta too a pale buttery yellow, but in the right space would be really imposing. That said I keep seeing people pinning a picture of a small black bathroom and it looks incredibly luxurious with the white roll top bath and thick herringbone flooring. I'd happily cocoon myself for a couple of hours reading in a bathroom like that.

Anyway as with the Pantone Moodboard, the colour doesn't match precisely but there's a definite tone...a bit of a Bowie tone me things...

"Blue blue electric blue, is the colour of my room, where I will live...blue..."
..................................................................................
Listening: Sound & Vision - David Bowie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails