Saturday 31 October 2015

Musical Interlude: "I Put A Spell On You"


It's Halloween, I'm watching Cabin in the Woods (the only decent scary movie that the geniuses of broadcasting in UK have put on freeview that I haven't seen already this week, but does have the added benefit of being a Joss Whedon film and thus suits me fine) and I've spent the day wearing the clip-on teddy ears I made, as a nod to the day*.

Okay, it's not much of a Halloween, but while I always like the idea of dressing up and pretending to be someone/thing else, my lack of a social life and fear of looking like an idiot means I've never really dressed up for Halloween - at least, not as an adult.

Still, a night of good scary movies works for me.

Though damn you Film4, you've had Hocus Pocus on every other weekend this summer, then the one night of the year when it's appropriate and you don't bother? What gives? It's probably the best Halloween movie there is!



See, It's perfect! Although, how can it be twenty two years old? It was released in 1993, when I was eight! Eight!

It probably came out the last time I dressed up for Halloween!

I feel old.

Anyway, Happy Halloween, what little there is left of it!**


* The sisters got cat and bunny clip on ears because I'm the best sister!
** The top clip, as my blog nod to Halloween, is of singer Holly Henry (a YouTuber who participated in the US edition of The Voice in 2013) covering the infamous song, I Put A Spell On You, by Screamin' Jay Hawkins in the 1950's on the Ukulele, which I've had in my head as a creepy Halloween tune, interspersed with The Monster Mash.

..................................................................................
Listening: I Put A Spell On You - Holly Henry

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails