Monday 12 October 2015

Musical Interlude: "Shake It Off (The Perfect Drug)"

Mini Pantone break so I can finish off a few related posts, with a good old mash up.

I love a good mash up. Sometimes it can make you love a song you can't stand or have never heard before and sometimes these unlikely companions make something better than the sum of its parts.

Needless to say, I kind of love Swify's song Shake It Off, even though up until she released her latest album I'd not really given her the time of day, but I quite like her now, there's a humour to her which I find really entertaining. As to my knowledge of Nine Inch Nails, that mostly revolves around my absolute and utter love for Johnny Cash's version of Hurt, I'd never heard The Perfect Drug before and I'm not 100% daft over it as a song itself...

... this mash up by Isosine on YouTube however, I have had it in my head since I heard it and cannot stop playing it! It's a serious earworm.

..................................................................................
Listening: Shake It Off (The Perfect Drug) - Taylor Swift vs. Nine Inch Nails

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails