Thursday 8 October 2015

Pantone Autumn 2015: An Evolving Colour Landscape {Cashmere Rose}

Lavender Bottle by Carl Christensen on Etsy
Kefalonia by Mark Taylor-Flynn on Flickr
Untitled via Pinterest
Dogwood via Pinterest

Cashmere Rose 16-2215 is a blue grey pink, which almost borders on mauve, which is pretty, but at least in fashion could be a difficult colour. I say that purely because the colour could easily wander into a pastel shade, making it look a little bit Barbie, or into overly grey and murky tone, making it look dirty and in need of a good wash.

What I will say, is while I was looking for pictures for this board, I kept seeing pale pink jumpers, in that slightly downy/fluffy texture that cashmere has and while I would have been tempted to say this pink is bordering on summery, after seeing those images, I'm actually changing my mind. That fluffy grey tone Cashmere Rose has, actually makes it a really nice Autumnal colour.

Now, I don't know whether it's because I'm getting older, or it's just because my tastes have just changed randomly, but I have become obsessed with rose scented/flavoured products...
Some of my favourites are Lush's Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar, is my current shampoo and while I've never been daft over Lush's shampoo bars, as I have a lot of hair and it never lathers that well for me, I like this one. With a little of my normal shampoo mixed in to give it a head start, this makes my hair so lovely and soft, plus really shiny and if my conditioner wasn't quite so strong smelling, it would smell lovely and rosy too. Another product I really like is Imperial Leather's Rose Garden: Rose Petal and Eldeflower Hand Wash, which I would have by the sink all the time if I had my choice. That or Baylis and Harding Royale Bouquet Rose and Honeysuckle (or Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf) as Shower Gel or hand wash, either is acceptable and both are pretty rose scents without being too granny-ish.

The only non-cosmetic product I've listed is Fentimans Rose Lemonade... it smells like perfume and tastes absolutely delicious, so don't be put off trying it. Also, damn you *insert terrible supermarket* for only periodically selling this!

Finally, the product which probably started this obsessive search for rose scented bath products, Lush's Rose Jam Shower Gel... ugh. Dad bought me a small bottle of this around Christmas last year and at first I wasn't sure. I thought it was a bit in your face, but I started using it when I ran out of my normal shower gel and I fell totally in love with it. Especially how I could still smell it for hours/days after I'd used it. Anyway, I raced through the teeny bottle, then came to the devastating realisation that it was a limited edition for Christmas and was gone! Sob.

Luckily, last week, my sister sent me an email telling me it was back! So over the next few months I'm stocking up!

If you know of any pretty rose scented products I should try, do tell!


Link || Fall 2015 Pantone Fashion Colour Report: Cashmere Rose
Link || Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar from Lush
Link || Rose Garden: Rose Petal and Elderflower Hand Wash by Imperial Leather
Link || Rose Lemonade by Fentimans
Link || Baylis Harding Royale Bouquet Rose and Honeysuckle Shower Creme via Amazon

..................................................................................
Listening: Sober - Childish Gambino

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails