As always, the fun part now of the Pantone Colour of the Year posts, finding Marsala inspired objet d'art.
And like I said on my first post, a bit like last year, this was actually a really hard colour to find close matches too because of that muted quality this particular red has. But, I have done my best and my board has the fifteen most muted wine shades I could find for you.
- Essie Nail Lacquer in 'In Stitches' from Essie | Link
- 3 in 1 Colour Block Gloves in Red (Burgundy) from Accessorize | Link
- Pomegranate Necklace (Ruby and Oxidized Silver) by Artesserae on Etsy | Link
- Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in '210 Keep It Classy' from Maybelline | Link
- Julianne Hough Suede Oxfords in Burgundy via Pinterest | Link
- Ombre Herringbone Cashmink Scarf in Navy/Burgundy from John Lewis | Link
- Manic Panic Classic Semi-Permanent Hair Dye in 'Vampire's Kiss' from Manic Panic | Link
- 'Props To Your Panache' Heels in Cranberry from Modcloth | Link
- 'Cavendish Clutch' by Stella McCartney | Link
- 'Garnet Cluster Ring' (Oxidised silver ring with moving briolette garnet beads and 18ct gold) by Marianne Anderson | Link
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Washed in 'Oxheart' from Converse | Link
- Bourjois Color Edition Cream Eye Shadow in '05 Prune Nocturne' from Superdrug | Link | Image
- Butter London Nail Lacquer in 'Tramp Stamp' from Butter London | Link
- Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in 'Metallic Merlot' | Link
- Chi Chi Beaded Sleeveless Skater Dress from Dorothy Perkins | Link
I don't know about you, but I would wear/use pretty much everything on this board (I even have four and twelve). Bar possibly the dress. I like it a lot, but I'd look like... well... I wouldn't look good in it. I'd look pretty appalling in it. But someone else would look lovely...
... I'm starting to wish I'd picked another dress now. But my little sister let me down on her assistance for the great dress hunt. Damn her and her skinny britches!
One of the items I'd really like to pick up on is the ring, which is by Marianne Anderson, who is a wonderful Glaswegian jeweller, who I don't know personally, but have said hello too from time to time on Pinterest. I really wanted to give one of her rings pride of place as part of the 5th Day of Christmas, but the ring I picked, alongside the other designs, didn't suit the collection. I was going to save her until next year, but Pantone, has let me post it early because she uses a lot of those beautiful wine coloured garnets in her work. I just love the juxtaposition between simply set garnets and then quite chunky, oxidised and textured silver bands. It's a hard balance to walk between a good chunky ring and a bad chunky ring, Marianne's are definitely good chunky.
As for the rest, I am aware that they're very female-centric boards, with dresses and makeup and jewellery, but, hey, I'm a girl. And I look for things I like, I like jewellery, I like nail varnish, I like makeup, I like scarves and Converse and dying my hair bright colours.
I also like that a deep red might get a bit more usage this year, I'm not a pale colour person, I like the deep, the dark and the jewels... three things which as soon as Christmas passes seem to be ignored.
Maybe Marsala will prove me wrong, if not, get the bottle out and get pouring.
Link | Pantone Colour of the Year 2015: Marsala
Listening: Get Over It - Guillemots