Monday 13 January 2014

Pantone Colour of the Year 2014: Radiant Orchid II



See, this is the fun part of the Pantone Colour of the Year post, finding loads of lovely bits and bobs which are approximately that colour. Radiant Orchid was actually a hard one to find matches for, because it's neither a very blue purple or a very pink purple, it's also strangely bright and muted at the same time. But I have done my best to find fourteen lovely items which are approximately the right colour and I love, to the point where, I have worn no.1 and when no.4 came into work, I was seriously considering them as my new set of specs, plus I spent a lot of my time at uni with part of my hair dyed with no.6 as well as other colours (but this is definitely the closest to Radiant Orchid).

See, I even have tried and tested colour match ideas for you! The rest I will just lust after from now on...

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fishnet from Urban Decay | Link
2. Devonshire Row Nail Polish from Nails Inc | Link
3. Hearthstone Scarf in Purple from J. Crew | Link
4. Pepe Jeans 'Eleanor' Glasses from work | Pepe Jeans Wesbite
5. Moleskin Coloured Professional Notebook in Pink from Moleskin | Link
6. Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Dye in Mystic Heather from Manic Panic | Link
7. Closet Purple Printed Band Hem Skater Dress from New Look | Link
8. Lime Crime Zodiac Glitter in Libra from Lime Crime| Link
9. Converse Ct Lite Ox in Iris Orchid from Office | Link
10. Slight Seconds Leather Boho Pop Mini in Ultra Violet from Bohemia | Link
11. Jessica Simpson Given Jazzberry Suede Heels via Heels.com | Link
12. Konstsmide 80 LED Berry Lights in Purple from Amazon | Link
13. Satin Shelley Tea Cup and Saucer in Purple from Coastline Imports | Link
14. Lime Crime Eyeliner in Orchidaceous from Lime Crime| Link

After finding all these bits and bobs, to be truthful, I'm actually a little sad about this colour. I genuinely don't think it will suit my skintone (though it will suit both my sisters), so any Radiant Orchid in my life will be in accessory form alone. Perhaps a nice nail polish...

Link | Pantone Colour of the Year 2014 - Radiant Orchid
..................................................................................
Listening: Crazy - Ray LaMontagne

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails